Library ABLE has been providing library basics for library staff world-wide since 1998. Over 5,000 ABLE Course Completion Certificates have been printed and distributed to individuals in 32 countries. No registration is required, simply click on the …
WebJunction WebJunction Courses WebJunction is available for library staff to take free, self-paced, online courses on a variety of library management, software and soft-skills topics. You can also participate in live webinars or view archived webinars anytime, anywhere.
Education The courses and webinars are available free to anyone in the library field. _____ Education Institute. The Education Institute is a professional development & continuing education program for the library community developed by The Partnership of Provincial and Territorial Library Associations of Canada.
Concepts Countdown to Coding is an online tutorial designed to help library staff and other caregivers understand basic computer science concepts and learn to integrate these concepts into regular storytime and playtime. The entire course take about 1 hour to complete. At the end of the tutorial, participants should feel comfortable describing five basic computer science concepts …
Library Welcome to Alternative Basic Library Education (ABLE) -- a free, online learning platform that provides basic library knowledge and skills for library workers who have no formal education in library science. The ABLE program is not designed to replace university-level training in library science and no college credit is offered.
Staff Developed by staff of the Idaho Commission for Libraries, this free, online program provides basic library knowledge and skills for staff members who have no formal education in library science. These courses are organized into 3 key topical areas, Collection Development, Technical Services, and Public Services. Infopeople
Library Free Online Classes Idaho Commission for Libraries – ABLE and Library Learning Programs ABLE is Idaho's Alternative Basic Library Education Program. It was designed to help library staff members who have no formal education in library science to acquire the basic knowledge and skills needed to operate or work in a library.
Math Free one-on-one online homework help provided by expert tutors from 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. every day. Provides assistance in English & Spanish for students in grades K-12, college intro and adult learners covering Math, Science, English, Social Studies, and Proof Point (writing review).
Create Within each of these platforms, a user may create a username and password to track progress, create certificates of completion, and find related courses. Courses in this guide are intended to cover the basics of digital literacy. Many users will find additional relevant courses on the platforms and are free to browse.
WebJunction WebJunction has some free online courses to help libraries with basic skill development in foundational library topics. Their Technical Services Sequence can be taken on your own time. Create a log in for WebJunction to get started. SABLE 5: Introduction to Technical Services and Catalog Records = 2 LEUs
Heavily The course promises to provide practical, hands-on training for non-catalogers, including sample workflows, an introduction to copy cataloging, and guides to make the job of cataloging easier. We will rely heavily on freely available resources so that you learn to use tools that you will be able to access after the course.
Health 1. Retirement. This “click through” course offered by The Vanguard Group, Inc. is easy to get through. You simply click on the links that apply to you and follow the information as it’s presented.
2. How to Save a GIF on your Computer. Next time you see that funny cat GIF, you can save it to show the grandkids.
3. What is Antivirus Software + How Does it Work? Learn more about malware and viruses, and how you can protect your computer and personal files.
4. How to Transfer Pictures and Videos from iPhone to Windows PC. Free up space on your smartphone so you can take more pictures and video of the grandkids.
5. Step-by-Step for Beginning Bloggers. This course offered by SkillShare breaks the process down into 14 short videos. It’s a literal step-by-step process that shows you exactly where to click and what to type.
6. Introducing Ageing. This one addresses increased longevity and how to improve your health as you age. It’s offered by The Open University (OpenLearn), which is another website that has a lot of classes that are searchable by topic and interest.
7. Yoga with Adriene. If you want something more active this site has free yoga videos. Each video is about 20-30 minutes long, and Adriene guides you through each step of the practice.
8. HealthCare System. As we age, we have to deal with doctors and healthcare more often, and that can sometimes be a very confusing and frustrating process.
9. Nutrition in Aging. Nutrition is a huge part of our health and fitness, and there are several courses that address all aspects of nutrition. This one from Imperial College London is extremely interesting.
10. Diabetes-the Essential Facts. You can also often find classes on nutrition in relation to specific health issues. Coursera’s is from the University of Copenhagen and covers fundamentals of the disease, prevention and treatment, and new research.
Want Online Learning Library. Welcome to Abeka’s online learning library! You’re about to. Get practical tips on how to teach with your Abeka materials. Learn when you want, where you want, since all sessions are prerecorded. Earn In-Service …
225-342-4930Request Current Classes Offered. This is a listing of the current State Library classes being offered for Spring 2021. Library staff must register to participate in these classes. On Demand Classes. Libraries can request an on demand class. For more info or to request a class, please contact J.D. Lovelace, 225-342-4930 or [email protected]
Responsible APPROVED SERVER TRAINING PROGRAMS. A+ Server Education. AA Premiere CE Oklahoma Mandatory Alcohol Server Training. FREE Responsible Beverage Service and Sales Training (Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services) ACE Alcohol Compliance Education (Oklahoma Restaurant Association) AACEA.com. Responsible Training.
Opportunities These training opportunities were compiled and shared by the Wyoming State Library. Trainings in this list are available online and free of charge. For more CE opportunities check the WebJunction Webinar Calendar.
With your library card you have access to two free online learning programs, Gale Courses and LinkedIn Learning. Both of these programs offer a wide range of courses ranging from topics like personal finance, business, to interior design, to using software applications like Microsoft Office.
The Library Development & Networking Division of the Texas State Library & Archives Commission offers all library staff the opportunity to take self-paced, online courses on a variety of library topics through our Online Training site.
Alternative Basic Library Education program Developed by staff of the Idaho Commission for Libraries, this free, online program provides basic library knowledge and skills for staff members who have no formal education in library science.
ABLE is a continuing education program provided by the Idaho Commission for Libraries. ABLE provides library basics for library staff and covers a wide range of topics, including collection development, merchandising, cataloging, and reference work.