Courses 10 Best Golf Courses in Western Massachusetts. Posted: (2 days ago) Oct 26, 2020 · If you love golf and live in the western part of the state, below are a handful of courses you can start with when you’re looking for that perfect golfing experience. 10 best golf courses in western massachusetts 1. Berkshire Hills Country Club (Pittsfield) 2. Cold Spring Country Club …
Ranch Every region has the course (or courses) you'd be crazy not to play. Western Mass. has two of them. The Ranch Golf Club, in Southwick, is consistently-rated among the state's best courses you can play and one drive by, it's easy to see why.The Ranch was built on old farmland and hills that make for dramatic views and exciting holes.
Ranch The Ranch Every region has the course (or courses) you'd be crazy not to play. Western Mass. has two of them. The Ranch Golf Club, in Southwick, is consistently-rated among the state's best courses you can play and one drive by, it's easy to see why. The Ranch was built on old farmland and hills that make for dramatic views and exciting holes.
Whether Whether you’re hitting the links for 9 or 18 holes, Western Massachusetts is the perfect place to experience some of New England’s premier courses. With a wide variety of well-maintained courses with distinctive layouts and incredible greens, the hard part is choosing which to play.
Scoring Here are the top-ranked courses for 2021-2022, as scored in our seven scoring criteria by Golf Digest’s course-ranking panelists. (1) …
Courses The best public golf courses in Massachusetts mirror the various elements of the state's geography. As one of the only true links golf courses in America, Highland Links Golf Club is on the Cape Cod National Seashore's coastal lowlands in addition to Miacomet on Nantucket Island as well as15 other best courses on the Cape and the islands in this guide.
Course 1. Taconic, Williamstown. Located on the campus of Williams College, Taconic Golf Club is 109 acres of rolling terrain and considered a classic Golden Age design—featuring back-to-front sloped greens on most holes.
2. Crumpin-Fox, Bernardston. If you want a true test of your skills, go to Crumpin Fox. With numerous elevation changes, this course is considered a challenging one.
3. Farm Neck, Oak Bluffs. Farm Neck is truly a hidden gem. Located in a pristine corner of Martha’s Vineyard, the layout of this course offers the best coastal golf experience anywhere.
4. The Ranch, Southwick. With narrow fairways, deep roughs, frequent obstacles, and significant elevation changes, this is a challenge even for the best golfers.
5. Old Sandwich G.C., Plymouth. The old-fashioned mottled appearance of the Coore-Crenshaw design at Old Sandwich Golf Club is what makes this course so special and charming.
6. Pinehills (Nicklaus), Plymouth. The Nicklaus design of Pinehills Golf Club offers a different experience. With trees bordering the course and challenging green complexes, this is a course that will have you coming back for more.
7. Miacomet, Nantucket. Nantucket has only one public, 18-hole golf course, and that is Miacomet. A quick trip over will provide the perfect backdrop for a weekend getaway, complete with an 18-hole layout with challenges for every level.
8. Winchester Country Club, Winchester. Winchester Country Club is one of only seven courses co-designed by father-and-son duo Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Sr.
9. Granite Links, Quincy. Located just seven miles (11.3 kilometers) out of Boston, this Granite Links course provides breathtaking views all around, including that of the Boston skyline, the Harbor Islands, and the beautiful forested Blue Hills Reservation.
10. The International (Oaks), Bolton. The Pines Course at The International Golf Club & Resort rates as the most difficult course in America; however, the Oaks Course featured here delivers a more scenic route for a relaxing game.
Courses Although some Western Massachusetts golf courses took advantage of the mild weather to remain open throughout the winter, it's traditionally April when the region's courses get into full, er, swing.
Massachusetts A guide to affordable and architecturally interesting golf courses in Massachusetts by Jason Way There is much more to the fascinating history of golf in Massachusetts than Francis Ouimet’s victory over Harry Vardon and Ted Ray in the 1913 U.S. Open at The Country Club in Brookline.
Sandwich Located near the shoreline of Massachusetts is one of the most recognized golf courses in the state – Old Sandwich Golf Club. This golf club is dedicated to maintaining the rich heritage of New England Golf. Not too far from Old Sandwich is Farm Neck Golf Club, a course that provides a true seaside game of golf.
Massachusetts Massachusetts. Even though the Salem Witch Hunt took place in Massachusetts, golfers won't have to hunt too hard to find deals on tee times. Whether at golf courses near the metropolitan area of Boston, courses with sea views on the Cape Cod peninsula, or parkland style layouts on the rolling hills and lakes of Western Massachusetts, golfers
Courses 1. Ocean Edge Golf Club. 104. Golf Courses.
2. Granite Links 92 Golf Courses.
3. Cranwell Resort Spa and Golf Club. 112. Golf Courses • Spas.
4. The Captains Golf Course 62 Golf Courses. By IAmJen4t. Liked the intrigue some holes provided 'hidden' hazards, steep drop offs.
5. Pinehills Golf Club 59 Golf Courses.
6. Farm Neck Golf Club 53 Golf Courses. By SteveDGT. The greens ran fast and true and were in great shape.
7. Shining Rock Golf Club 36 Golf Courses.
8. TPC Boston 25 Golf Courses.
9. Cranberry Valley Golf Course 36 Golf Courses.
10. Four Oaks Golf Course 37 Golf Courses.
Throughout Youth on Course brings affordable course access to youth golfers throughout Massachusetts. The $20 annual membership fee gives youth golfers ages 6-18 access to play at any of the 29 participating courses throughout the Bay State (and 1,700 across the country) for only $5 per round. When Juniors join Youth on Course through Mass Golf, they also
Country Experience the rolling hills at Taconic Golf Club in Western Massachusetts. Tee up seaside at Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard. Test your putting skills on the tight greens at Easton Country Club. And raise your game for two award-winning courses at Stow Acres Country Club . South of Boston, you’ll find Granite Links Golf Club and
Courses Plymouth, on the South Shore, is home to 13 courses, making it the golf capital of Massachusetts. Old Sandwich Golf Course was named by Golf Magazine as one of the top 100 courses in the U.S. Just a putting shot away are other classic greens such as Pinehills, Crosswinds, and Waverly Oaks.
Reading Updated 2019: A look down the list of our Top 10 Courses You Can Play in Massachusetts will show ten exceptional golf courses, any of which could be number one depending on your preference or interest.. Many have completed recent renovations such as The Crumpin’ Fox Club in Western Mass, and Bayberry Hills on the Cape.These changes deliver …
Western Mass. has two of them. The Ranch Golf Club, in Southwick, is consistently-rated among the state's best courses you can play and one drive by, it's easy to see why. The Ranch was built on old farmland and hills that make for dramatic views and exciting holes.
Every region has the course (or courses) you'd be crazy not to play. Western Mass. has two of them. The Ranch Golf Club, in Southwick, is consistently-rated among the state's best courses you can play and one drive by, it's easy to see why. The Ranch was built on old farmland and hills that make for dramatic views and exciting holes.
In all, Massachusetts has 17 courses listed on the top-200 list of Golfweek’s Best Classic courses. In a comparison of states with the most representation on that list, Massachusetts is No. 4, behind only New York (32), Pennsylvania (19) and California (18).
Browse the listings below to see our extensive list of Massachusetts golf memberships, Massachusetts country clubs, and other exceptional Massachusetts golf club membership opportunities. Norton Country Club, located in Norton, Massachusetts is an extraordinary facility that features one of the area's finest 18-hole championship course.