Government 1. Government Accounting: Definition, Types & Importance. Government accounting follows slightly different policies and principles than private companies, emphasizing transparency and uniformity.
2. Government Financial Operations: Accounting & Reporting. In this lesson we will look at the requirements for government agencies in their accounting procedures, specifically accounting principles and oversight, fund accounting, and financial reporting.
3. Governmental Funds: Types & Uses. Governmental funds are monetary resources of the government that are used in financing government projects and expenditures.
4. Associating Accounts with Governmental Funds in Accounting. Governmental fund accounting is different from that of a corporation. Governments have more responsibility with the money they have and must distribute it to all projects and services.
5. Dealing with Government Funds in Accounting. This lesson will go over the various types of governmental funds, their purpose, and an example of their use.
6. Derivative Instruments: Accounting & Financial Reporting. Accounting for the various types of derivatives is important because of the frequent use of derivative contracts in the normal course of business for many companies.
7. Fund-Based Financial Statements for Government Entities. Financial statements for government entities shows the funds the government has and what they are spending money on.
8. Government-Wide Financial Statements for Government Entities. This lesson will go over the purpose of government-wide financial statements and its components.
9. Statements of Activities & Functional Expense in Government Accounting. This lesson will focus on three main aspects of governmental accounting: Statement of Activities, Changes in Net Assets Statement, and the Statement of Functional Expense.
10. Reconciling Government-Wide Financial Statements. This lesson will show the difference between government-wide and funds-based financial statements and how they are reconciled.
Course Online Government Accounting Courses. accountants, treasurers, auditors and other persons with a basic knowledge of accounting. The online course is self paced and allows students the flexibility to take the course based on their schedule. Each section has a recorded PowerPoint slide presentation.
Unique Course Description The accounting used by government entities is substantially different from the accounting used by for-profit organizations. This course describes the unique aspects of governmental accounting, including the use of funds, the modified accrual basis of accounting, and many unique financial statement formats and disclosures.
Learn Course Information. Part I of this three-course series will familiarize you with the basic accounting equation and how transactions affect that equation. You will also learn the elements of financial reports, and be aware of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for state and local governments. In addition, you will learn to record
(AGA) He also does extensive training on governmental accounting and reporting issues. He was awarded the Association of Government Accountants' (AGA) National Education and Training Award in 2002, outstanding service award from the VGFOA in …
Accounting The course provides an overview of (1) the fundamental concepts underlying state and local governmental accounting and reporting, (2) the importance of budgetary accounting in government, and (3) the recognition rules and journal entries related to governmental financing.
Training Please select from the categories above or scroll through the lists of training courses announcements and training providers below. FedCenter-sponsored Courses. In conjunction with the USEPA, FedCenter is offering FREE, web-based, on-demand training courses for Federal employees.
Government Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations II This course expands on the basic concepts of governmental and nonprofit accounting, including financial reporting of state and local governments, analysis of governmental financial performance, auditing for government and nonprofit organizations, budgeting and costing of government services, federal government …
Advanced Accounting Courses. GFOA offers group live courses, e-Learning courses and webinars related to accounting. Topics include intermediated to advanced governmental accounting, enterprise fund accounting, advanced financial reporting, our annual GAAP Update and more.
January × Happy Holidays! Our offices will be closed December 23 - January 2. You can apply to a program, enroll in a course, or view your posted grades online.To ensure the safety of both students and staff, all courses will be held remotely for the first two weeks of the quarter.If you need assistance, we will respond to questions submitted via the Contact Us link on January 3.
866-352-9539Accounting 866-352-9539. Login. Governmental Accounting Training. Online governmental accounting training to help you become competitive in your field. Government accounting training includes information about fund accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, specific transactions, budgetary accounting, financial statements, cost accounting and more.
Online Free Online Accounting Courses. Oxford Home Study Centre is proud to offer the most flexible free online accounting courses on the web. Suitable for newcomers and experienced candidates from all backgrounds, our endorsed accountancy and …
Chartered Learn the process of recording a business's financial transactions with Alison's free online accounting courses. Our wide selection of courses are designed to fit a variety of specialties and skill levels. Our courses, including Basic Accounting and Principles of Accounting, are accredited by professional organizations such as the Chartered
Course This course is designed to challenge government finance professionals and the instructors assume all students have a basic educational background in finance and accounting. Participants in the Governmental Accounting core course who have not had any previous college level courses in accounting have had a difficult time keeping up with the material.
Free and Low-Cost Online Bookkeeping Courses Coursera. The e-learning site, Coursera, has a wealth of materials from colleges and universities around the globe. Their collection of accounting and bookkeeping courses is impressive. While many of their courses have a cost, you can opt for the free versions of whatever courses you decide to take.
Stanford University delivers a free online course entitled How to Start a Startup – Legal and Accounting Basics. This course is one of 43 lessons available on iTunes for free download. A video of the lecture and audio file are both open to online students.
In addition to these programs, Generation offers a myriad of online reskilling programs that provide free resources and access to multiple career pathways and full-time employment opportunities in ...
Training in bookkeeping involves: