Great 1. Ambleside Online– If you are drawn to the Charlotte Mason style of homeschooling, then this site is a must have in your bookmarks! You can access books, book lists, and resources for preschool through high school.
2. Educents– You will find everything from games to workbooks and everything in between on this site, and they also offer printables. While some are paid there are many free printables available!
3. Teachers Pay Teachers– While this site is a great way for teachers to earn extra income, there are many downloads offered for free like printable themed studies, math worksheets, and copywork.
4. Khan Academy– With math, science, computers, arts and humanities, economics and finance, as well as test prep options, this is a solid site for learning, practice, and more!
5. Homeschool Share– You can find literature based unit studies and lapbooks to download, print, and use.
6. Hodgepodge-If you are not artsy and you still want to give your child options for electives like art, then this is a great resource with a generous offering of art tutorials in chalk pastels and acrylics.
7. Starfall– For young learners, this is a great math, reading, phonics and songs resource that can also be downloaded as an app for tablets.
8. Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool– This is a Christian program that offers complete online curriculum or individual courses for preschool through high school.
9. Free Homeschool Deals– This is the Cadillac of free homeschool sites! You will find every type of download you need in every age group. Games, dot marker pages, letter tracing, copy work, planners, Holiday studies, writing prompts, labels, challenge cards, and that is just the tip of the iceberg!
10. K5 Learning– This is a paid site but still offers free worksheets for grades 1-5 for vocabulary, reading comprehension, learning letters, math, and other topics.
Lessons Hippo Campus is a platform for free homeschool programs and incorporates lessons for middle school, high school, and higher learning. The subjects offered include; Interactive science lessons Maths lessons Presentations Problem-solving Conceptual videos for mathematics Videos tutorials for lessons Animated lessons Science videos
Educational 1. Khan Academy. Khan Academy has a long-standing reputation as a quality resource in the homeschooling community. It is a non-profit educational site started by American educator Salman Khan to provide free, quality educational resources for all students.
2. Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool. Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool is a free online resource created by homeschooling parents for homeschooling parents.
3. Ambleside Online. Ambleside Online is a free, Charlotte Mason-style, Christian-based homeschool curriculum for children in grades K-12. Like Khan Academy, Ambleside has a long-standing reputation in the homeschooling community as a quality resource.
4. Newsela. Newsela is an educational website that promotes literacy using news stories. Each article is adjusted to five different reading and maturity levels, so students of all ages can practice literacy skills while becoming informed citizens.
5. Virtual Field Trips and World Tours. You don't have to leave the house to see the world. Explore the halls of the White House, wander through the Sistine Chapel, and take a tour of the International Space Station with virtual field trips and virtual world tours.
6. Scholastic Learn at Home. Scholastic, one of the best known names in the educational materials industry, has created a Learn at Home site for students in grades Pre-K through 9th.
7. Smithsonian Learning Lab. Take advantage of the Smithsonian's 19 museums, galleries, and research centers and their wealth of material to expand your kids' horizons.
8. Funbrain. Funbrain provides free educational games, comics, books, and videos for children in grades Pre-K through 8th. Their fun-filled activities focus on developing skills in math, reading, problem-solving, and literacy.
9. Storyline. Storyline is an award-winning children's literacy website that features famous people reading beloved children's books. Think James Earl Jones reading "To Be a Drum," by Evelyn Coleman; or Audrey Penn's "The Kissing Hand," read by Barbara Bain.
10. Big History Project. Created for students in middle school and high school, the Big History Project is a social studies curriculum aligned with Common Core ELA standards.
School Online homeschool assignments are facilitated by homeschool parents. Virtual school is free through the state’s public school system. Online homeschool programs usually require a tuition, package, or subscription fee. Virtual school follows a set schedule. Virtual school must be planned around just like traditional school days.
Resources We know homeschooling might not be a choice you made, but we’re here to help make it feel like less of a challenge. Below we’ve compiled a list of great and FREE online resources, sites and games aimed at preK through Grade 8 that you can start using today. 7 Generation Games
Curriculum Need free homeschool resources, free content for homeschooling, or PreK-12 resources for learning and school at home? Try these free homeschool programs, printable activities, curriculum worksheets and more, including free elementary homeschool curriculum to high school curriculum and teacher resources websites for frugal homeschool.
Math A complete, free online Christian homeschool curriculum for your family and mine. Complete, All Free Curriculum. Featured 38 Comments. etc. are all free and online. We do offer offline courses for math, reading, and language arts, which you can find in our store. In the store you can also find workbooks of Printables, the worksheets used in
Studycom's Study.com's mission is to make education accessible, so we have curated a list of sites that we think can make homeschooling easier with free …
Worksheets Free Homeschool Curriculum For Preschool Easy Peasy Homeschool. Easy Peasy All In One Homeschool offers a free preschool curriculum with everyday lessons for 224 days. It is a full preschool program that is completely free online with online activities and it includes free worksheets too. There are a lot of worksheets that go along with curriculum.
Learn Learn for free about math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more. Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Curriculum Ambleside Online is a free Charlotte Mason homeschool curriculum site. They have a literature-based program for ages K-12. Most of the books suggested in this curriculum are available for free online. This is the first site I visit when I’m creating my reading lists each year. All-in-One Homeschool
Teach FREE projects and art lessons, ideas for using art to teach other subjects, articles on how to teach art in the homeschool, etc. (there is an art instruction cd …
Broken Free Online Classes Free World U - a great site for homeschoolers. It contains an extensive curriculum for grades preschool through 12. It uses a method of accelerated learning that works many times faster than conventional methods. All information is broken up into simple fact units and placed on flashcards.
Offers 1. Khan Academy. You may have heard of this site before because it has a reputation of being all-around incredible. Khan Academy offers courses from K to 12th grade.
2. Ambleside Online. This free site is designed to follow after the curriculum used by Charlotte Mason. With high literary standards, they offer quality books to go along with the courses themselves.
3. Hippo Campus. After looking at the site, there is no wonder why HippoCampus.org made it on the list. Offering an abundance of credible, well-versed resources, Hippo Campus will make middle school to college life a breeze.
4. Georgia Virtual Learning. Meant for 6th to 12th grade, this Creative Commons site uses online textbooks to teach core subjects as well as some electives.
5. Discovery K12. This site is a fun, interactive way to teach your child. With 180 days of curriculum you can choose to follow, Discovery K12 offers plenty of learning material and opportunities to see growth.
6. Connections Academy. Here you can get Tuition Free Public School Education for K-12. The school is fully accredited, the learning materials are completely free, and is offered in 25 states.
7. Newsela. Literacy being the main objective of this free online program, Newsela uses news articles to enhance reading skills. There are options to monitor progress and personalize lessons as well.
8. Scholastic Learn at Home. Most people know of Scholastic due to their iconic legacy in the education world. With this Learn at Home option, they offer 2-weeks worth of projects and lessons for K-9th grade levels.
9. Bedtime Math. For those looking for a unique approach to teaching math to their children, look no further. Bedtime Math offers quick lessons that will help your child incorporate math naturally into day to day life.
10. 826 Digital. Aimed to assist with creative writing and literacy skills, 826 Digital offers downloadable materials to supplement your lessons. They call writing “an act of freedom” and use age-appropriate, relatable topics to drive that point further.
Lessons 1. TED-Ed. This site lets you build a lesson around any TED talk, TED-Ed resource, or YouTube video. You can also find and use existing lessons on a variety of topics.
2. Simple Homeschool. A must-follow blog for homeschoolers who want to keep it simple, Jamie of Simple Homeschool shares reviews, giveaways, and articles on curriculum and other topics as well as inspiration and encouragement for homeschooling families.
3. Reading Eggs. This subscription site promises to make learning to read fun with games, songs, and engaging rewards as well as a series of mobile apps.
4. Khan Academy. Khan Academy offers free online lessons and interactive exercises on just about every possible topic. These lessons can be a great resource for students and parents, whether you work through an entire subject, or just supplement with videos to get help with a tricky math challenge or other subject.
5. Exploratorium. The website for this popular San Francisco children’s science center features an impressive selection of free activities, videos, printables, and interactive online resources on a variety of math and science topics.
6. NASA for Students. The NASA website’s For Students section includes a great free catalog of articles, activities, videos, and games for students in grades K–12 on topics related to STEM, aeronautics, and space exploration.
7. Project Gutenberg. With more than 45,000 free eBooks, including a large collection of classic children’s literature, Project Gutenberg is a fantastic resource for growing your home library on a budget.
8. Duolingo. This free language app is available for iPhone, Android, and the web and offers fun and engaging lessons for a variety of languages, including Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and English.
9. Steve Spangler Science. With engaging videos of experiments and science fair projects, as well as detailed printable instructions, and in some cases free lesson plans, this site is a a great source of inspiration and instructions for cool science experiments to do at home or in the classroom.
10. Homeschool.com. Articles on getting started, curriculum reviews, printable lessons, and links to local support groups make this site a great resource, especially for families who are new to homeschooling.
Offers 1. Coursera. Coursera is a free learning site that offers MOOCs courses from well-known …
2. Udemy. Udemy is an online platform that helps you to create courses for categories like …
3. Udacity. Udacity online teaching platform helps you to create courses on numerous …
4. Edx. Edx is one of the best free online courses provider. It offers university-level courses in …
5. LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning is a website that offers video courses that are taught …
6. Skillshare. Skillshare is an online platform that focused on education. It includes numerous …
7. Alison. Alison is a free online learning site that provides that offers certification on …
8. Khan Academy. Khan Academy is a study website. It offers in-depth subjects. This site is …
9. MIT OpenCourseWare. MIT OpenCourseWare is a learning website that offers various …
10. Open culture. Open culture is the best education website that offers free online classes for …
Lesson These are the programs I liked the best for homeschooling purposes. They aren’t games, but I figure we’ll find a few of those to let the girls practice too. Free Typing Lessons Online TypingClub. TypingClub was one of my top favorite typing lesson sites. You are able to create a homeschool teacher account with each of your students enrolled
The Top 10 Most Egregious K-12 School Decisions Of 2021
Part 2 Part 2 of 3: Homeschooling Successfully Download Article
Types of Online Courses
We offer these grade levels four different accredited homeschool programs: